Anyone in Portland who’s ever run a Run With Paula event knows how awesome the races are. Despite the fact that I’m typically a long distance runner, I am always willing to get out of bed for not one but THREE short 5k’s in the winter for the PRC Winter 5k Series.
As mentioned previously, there are three events in the series, and the first one is coming up on December 17th in Beaverton. You can sign up now for that one, the one on January 14th, the one on February 11th, or all three!! With all three on Saturdays about a month apart, you can have your winter running all set, and if you purchase all three in the series, you’ll save 10% on the price. All 5k’s in the series will begin at Portland Running Company in SW Beaverton at 9:00AM sharp, and they will all follow the same course. Every one of them also have a fun after-party at the store complete with grub, coffee, and raffle prizes.
The 5k series is always a blast and it’s such a positive environment among all the runners. Everyone has chosen to run together on a cold winter Oregon day and the community surrounding that is very connective. I’ve met some wonderful people at these races and of course Dave and Paula Harkin are always so welcoming to everyone who comes through their store.
It’s not too late to NOT “let winter win!!” I hope to see you there!!
- What: 2022/2023 PRC Winter 5k Series
- When: Saturday, December 17th, January 14th, and February 11th. Each race begins at 9:00AM with doors opening at 7:30AM.
- Where: Portland Running Company (10029 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton, OR 97008)
- Cost: $39 per race. Save 10% by registering for all three! Race shirt is available for an additional fee.
- Register: Here
- Packet Pick-Up: Race morning at PRC from 7:30AM – 8:45AM