Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
This weekend’s low-cost races:
- This Saturday, the 20th, is a Zombie Run! The Barlow Zombie Run in Gresham is $25 and starts at Sam Barlow High School. Usually, theme runs like these cost a bit more so this is a great price and proceeds go to the school’s water polo team.
- The EOU Run in La Grande is on Saturday, October 20 is only $10, and there’s a 5k and a 10k.
- Another low-cost race on the 20th is the Haunted Fun Run 5k in Ontario, Ore. Sign up for just $15 online. The proceeds to go the Treasure Valley Youth Development Academy, which helps youth develop leadership skills through a boxing club.
- Also this Saturday is an Oregon Brewing Running Series. Run from Baerlic Brewing in NE Portland. Registration is $30, or you can volunteer and get an entry to another OBS run. The following Saturday, October 27, OBS has a run from Portland’s Kennedy School.
The weekend of the 27th:
- The Monster Dash for Education is on the 27th in Ashland, with a pasta feed and silent auction the night before, all to raise money for the schools. The 5k is $25, with kids able to participate for just $10. Sign up online here.
- The Halloween Hustle 5k in Prineville on the 27th is more than “just a run” … it’s a “run/walk/bicycle/costume pageant.” And it’s only $20!
- Vernonia is hosting the Graveyard Dash, starting and ending at Memorial Cemetery on the 27th. There is a 3k and a 6k, both priced at $20.
- In Klamath Falls, you can run or walk at the Mazama’s 2nd Annual Halloween 5k on the 27th. Registration is only $20 and the event is at Running Y Ranch.
- The Grants Pass Marathon, Half, 10k, 5k, and Kid’s Fun Run is coming up in two weeks, on October 27, and even though prices just went up (we warned you last week!) all the distances are still a great deal. The 5k is still only $10, the 10k is $10, the half is $35, and the marathon is $50.
- On Sunday, the 28th, there is a 5k in Wilsonville that is only $15 if you sign up online and just $20 DOR. The Fall Frolic 5k Costume Run is at Murase Plaza and will start at 9a. There’s also a free kid’s dash at 8:45a.
Plan ahead for November 3’s Mission: Citizen Community Fun Run. Registration is only $6.85 for this event put on by Lincoln High School students. Funds will support citizenship classes that are offered for free through area libraries.
Registration for the ORRC Autumn Leaves 50k and 50-miler closes on Monday, October 22 and there is no DOR registration. Sign up online here for the 50k for $90 or the 50-miler for $110. The race is Saturday, October 27 at Champoeg State Park.