Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
This weekend’s low-price races:
- The Parkdale Pumpkin Run (in Parkdale, near Mt. Hood) is this Saturday the 27th. There’s a 10k and 5k, both priced at $15, and a mile for $5.00.
- In Eugene, there’s a free kid’s run as part of the Trick or Trot 5k. The kid’s run is a 1k. Those age 17 and under can sign up for the 5k for only $15, which is a great deal. (The price for adults is $25).
- The Graveyard Dash, in Vernonia and starting/finishing at Memorial Cemetery is on Saturday the 27th. There is a 3k and a 6k, both priced at $20.
- The Grants Pass Half Marathon (and Marathon, 10k, 5k, and kid’s run) is only $35 if you sign up online (online reg closes on the 25th)! The race is on Saturday, October 27. There’s also a 10k for $30, a 5k for $25, and a kid’s costume fun run for $5. If you’re one of those people who is just always in shape, you can even run a marathon for a great price: only $50!
- The Halloween Hustle 5k in Prineville on the 27th is more than “just a run” … it’s a “run/walk/bicycle/costume pageant.” And it’s only $20!
- In Klamath Falls, you can run or walk at the Mazama’s 2nd Annual Halloween 5k on the 27th. Registration is only $20 and the event is at Running Y Ranch.
- On Sunday, the 28th, there is a 5k in Wilsonville that is only $15 if you sign up online and just $20 DOR. The Fall Frolic 5k Costume Run is at Murase Plaza and will start at 9a. There’s also a $10 kid’s dash at 8:45a. It’s more than just a run, though – there’s the “Monster Midway” with lots of Halloween activities for the littles.
- Also on Sunday, there’s the Mac Monster Mania 5k. Registration is different than most – you select your age group to land on the registration page – but it’s only $20. The race is at Linfield College’s Riley Hall and online registration closes on the 26th. The race doesn’t start until 2p, following the kid’s fun run at 1:45p.
Coming up in the next few weeks:
- Run with the Duck is a kids run and 5k running from Eugene’s Riverfront Park. The kids run, which appears to be free, is at 9:30a. The 5k is only $15 and starts at 10a. But here’s what’s cool. UO students, faculty, staff, and alumni can all participate for FREE! What a great deal – share it with your Duck friends!
- Run with a Researcher is coming back to Eugene! This is a group run, led by one of UO’s researchers. The next one is on Thursday, November 8.
- There is still room in the McDonald Forest Trail Runs, and the 15k is a great price – only $30 if you sign up before 11/2. There’s also a 5k offered at the same price with the same date of increase. After the 2nd, prices jump $5. This run is on Sunday, November 11 in Corvallis.
The current pricing for the 2018 Civil War Relay ends on November 11. Until then, it’s $350/team when paying online or $340 when sending a check.
The Hood to Coast Series Turkey Trot at PIR is on November 21, and if you sign up by November 6 the 5k is $35 and the relay is $40. DOR prices are $45 for either race.
The ORRC Turkey Trot has a price increase on October 30. The run/walk is on Thanksgiving Day at the Oregon Zoo.
Reindeer Run has a price increase on October 29. Until then, the half is $65, the 10k is $55, and the 5k is $45. This event is on Saturday, December 1 in St. Helens.
The Corvallis Half Marathon has price bump 10/31. Until then, the half is $45, the 5k is $25, the “double” is $60, and the family 1k/1-miler is still FREE! The Corvallis Half Marathon is on Sunday, April 14, but the 5k and family races are on Saturday, April 13.