Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Reminder: Silver Falls is opening registration at 8a TOMORROW. This race will sell out within a few hours – the half marathon is the big draw, and it’s running on Sunday, Nov. 5. It’s capped at 1,100 participants and is $55. The other races are all run on Saturday, Nov. 4: The 7-miler is $40, the marathon is $65, and the 50k is $75.
- Another race opening registration tomorrow is the 2018 Eugene Marathon. The following prices are good through 10/5: Marathon – $90, half marathon – $70, 5k – $20, Kids Duck Dash – $10. Bumps are $10 for the full and half and just $5 for the 5k and Kids Duck Dash.
- The ORRC Dual Duel has been postponed one week until Thursday, August 10 due to the extreme temps anticipated on the original race day (Wednesday, August 1). Registration will remain open online until August 7, or you can sign up at the race, which will run at Catlin Gabel School with mile heats starting at 6p and the 10k and 10-mile 2-person relay stepping off at 7p. The mile heats are $5 each and the relay or individual 10k is $20/person. Those already registered have the options to run on the new date, defer to another event (including the 2018 Dual Duel), or request a refund of the registration fee.
- The Bush Park XC Runs scheduled for August 3 have also been canceled due to heat.
- Reminder: Save $10 on the 2018 Fueled by Fine Wine with the code RUNit when you sign up before August 1. The 2018 race is on July 8.
- I posted earlier today about a low-cost fun run that I just heard about: the CureSearch for Children’s Cancer 5k. Adults can register for $10 and runners or walkers age 15 and younger can sign up for free! The run is August 12 in Beaverton. If you want to sign up, look for the instructions on the website that start out “To Register.”
- This Sunday is the highly anticipated Oregon Trail® Game 5k and 8k, and if you sign up before midnight tonight the 5k is $35 and the 10k is $40. The race is this Sunday in Oregon City.
- Also this Sunday is X-Dog’s McCubbin’s Gulch Scramble. Forget Warrior Dash or any of those “soft” obstacle races – the McCubbin’s Gulch Scramble is for runners looking for a seriously tough run. It’s also pretty fun. Day of race registration will be available starting at 8:30a, or you can sign up online for $35.
- The Oregon Track Club (OTC) Monthly Run/Walk Series is in full swing and this month’s event is a cross-country 5k at Dorris Ranch Park in Springfield on Thursday, August 10. It’s also only $5 or FREE if you’re an OTC member.
That’s all for this installment.