Greetings Run Oregon readers! Here’s what we are keeping our eye on this week. Please use the link at the bottom to tell us of other news you think we should share!
- Some cool races in the next few weeks:
- Race to the Cape 10-miler on March 5; $35 to register plus a $5 fee if you need a State Parks parking pass. Race is at Cape Lookout State Park.
- Run for the Music – a small 10k ($15), 10k Relay ($30), 5k ($10), and mile ($5) that raises funds for the high school band program in Klamath Falls; race is on March 11.
- Run Oregon blogger Anthony Bucci is putting on a race! It’s called the Sandy Nature Trails Run 5k and is scheduled for Saturday, April 1 in Sandy. Online registration is now open for $25.
- A few races with price increases/participant caps coming up soon:
- Uberthons’ Luckython prices go up on 2/25; race is on March 11 at The Reserve Golf Club in Aloha
- Timberline Marathon, prices go up on 3/1; race is on June 10 and 11
- Bend Marathon, prices go up on 2/28; race is on April 23
- The Peterson Ridge Rumble 40-miler will jump from $55 to $65 and the 20-miler will go from $45 to $55 on 3/1. This Sisters trail race is on Sunday, April 9, and it’s a great race.
- Prices for the Horse Butte 10-Miler outside of Bend go up on 3/1 from $30 to $35 (great price for a 10-miler). The race is on Sunday, April 2.
- The McKenzie River Trail Run is March 26, but this race has a cap of 500 participants. Get the details on this Springfield half marathon here. Price increases March 25 if the race isn’t full.
- And one registration announcements:
- Crater Lake Rim Runs registration is opening … soon. In 2016 registration opened on 3/1, so while a specific date on which you can register isn’t posted yet, keep an eye out. The race is on Saturday, August 12.
Finally, a strange note for us to publish, but we’ve tried to get some more information and explanations from the organizer of the Portland Ultimate Wine Run as to why some of their events in other states were cancelled and participants were not refunded. We have not been satisfied with the organizer’s responses (and failure to respond to questions) and so we suggest you do your research before registering for this race. (Yelp reviews here from the event in Henderson, NV.; a facebook group encouraging people to not sign up for this race here; and coverage of a cancellation in Erie, PA here.)
Run Oregon blogger Marilyn Tycer (in green) posted this pic from the 2015 LuckyThon on her blog Lipgloss & Spandex.That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!