Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Save $5 on the July 23rd Beaverton Sun Run 5k/10k with the code Firecracker2017, but only through July 5 (tomorrow). Before discount, the 5k is $30 and the 10k is $35.
- Cheap race alert! Mildred’s Trail Dash on July 8 offers a 5k for $15 and a 9k for $25. This race is at Mildred Kanipe Memorial Park in Oakland, between Eugene and Roseburg.
- Cheap race alert! The Outdoor Sunday Evenings 5k in Beaverton is an evening race on Sunday, July 9 and is currently only $10. Registration includes a burger or veggie burger. This is a stellar race, as long as you don’t mind a few hills.
- There are still spots in the Mt. Ashland 5k, running (climbing?) on July 8. The 5k is $30 and it starts at Mt. Ashland’s ski lodge parking area.
- Registration is also still open for the Fueled by Fine Wine Half Marathon, for $85. Registration includes a 24-oz Pinot glass and admission to the wine tasting festival.
- There’s a price bump coming on July 11 for the Sunset on the Springwater, which includes a half marathon and a 10k. Until then, the half is $59 and the 10k is $49. After that, the prices go up to $64/$54. The race itself is on Saturday, August 5.
- One of the most professionally-run non-profit races (with a volunteer race director) is the Ladybug Run for CDH Awareness. This race includes a 10k and a 5k, and online registration closes on July 24. The 5k is $45 and the 10k is $50. There’s also a 2-person 10k relay for $90. All registration proceeds support the Ladybug CDH Foundation, thanks to the race’s amazing and generous sponsors. CDH stands for congenital diaphragmatic hernia, which is a birth defect affecting 1 out of every 2,500 births and has a 50% fatality rate. The race is on Saturday, July 29 at Cook Park.
- The Crater Lake Rim Runs have online registration available for 2017 and a price increase happening on July 11. Until then, the 6.7-mile race is $60, the 13.0-mile race is $75, and the marathon is $95. After that date, prices go up $5 for each race. The Crater Lake Rim Runs are on August 12, 2017.
That’s all for this installment.