This is our weekly (usually) post highlighting low-cost races, races that may cost more but for a cause we think is important, and price increases or deadlines. We usually do the upcoming weekend and the one after that, so if you’re feeling good and want to jump in a race without blowing your budget, these are good options! Check the full Run Oregon Race Calendar here.
We consider a race to be low cost based on the distance/price. We may also include a race that has sweet swag for the cost. Here are the thresholds we use:
- 5k: $20 and under
- 10k: $30 and under
- Half Marathon: $40 and under
- Marathon: $70 and under
- Head to Talent, Oregon for the Frostbite Run this Saturday (January 4) for a $20 race – 10k and 5k, you pick.
- If you’re around PDX on Saturday, remember you can always sign up for ParkRun 5k – it’s free! This run takes place on the Rock Creek Trail every Saturday but you must pre-register.
- Sunday is the Bullard’s Beach Run 10k for just $25. It’s down in beautiful Bandon, and there’s also a 5k at the same price.
- Saturday, January 11 is the Freeze Your Gizzard Blizzard in The Dalles. There’s a 3k, a 5k, and a 10k, each for $15. Sign-ups are through the county recreation program, but you can also sign up DOR.
- On the same day, you can head to the coast and run the Perpetua FatAss. This will probably be hilly, but it’s a FREE run. There’s a 9-miler, 20k, 30k, and 50k.
- Saturday also brings the free ParkRun 5k. This run near Tanasbourne is every Saturday but you must pre-register.
- Newport is home to the Ardor Adventures Trail Race Series that is only $20 per race or for all 5 for $75 when you sign up by the 13th. The first one is on January 14. (Others are Jan 28, Feb 11 and 25, and Mar 10.)
- The Heart Breaker Half, 10k, and 5k will run on February 16th. Until January 5th, the half is $69, the 10k is $54 and the 5k is $39.
- There’s a price increase for Run Your Tutu Off is on January 5th. Until then, the 5k is $30. The race itself is on February 15 in Corvallis.
- The Roaring Run 5k/10k/Half Marathon cost will increase on January 6. Currently, the half is $42, the 10k is $32, and the 5k is $27.
- Prices for the Eugene Marathon go up on January 6. Until then, the full is $110 and the half is $90. The race is on April 26.
- The Zena Road Runs will go up on January 13. Sign up by the 12th for $25 for the 3-miler, 6-miler, or 15k.
- The Go Beyond Bend Summer Trail Series has a price increase on January 15. Before that, the 4-race series is $70. Race dates are 6/4, 6/18, 7/2, and 7/16.
- The Worst Day of the Year Run price goes up on January 15 from $34 to $39. The race is on Saturday, Feb 1 at Edgefield (east of PDX).