- Registration is now open for Run With Paula’s Bridge of the Goddess Half Marathon and 10k, scheduled for Saturday, September 17 in the Columbia River Gorge. This “mainly-women’s” race (guys can run it as well to lend support or pace a female friend) has a beautiful course and race shirts that are just as gorgeous as the runners who wear them. Registration costs less for those that sign up early – the first 200 to sign up can do so for just $69 and then it goes up to $79. Get more details here or go straight to registration here.
- Registration is also now open for the Uberthons Winter event, which includes the Oregon Winter Half Marathon, the Oregon Winter Quarter Marathon. The races are scheduled for Saturday, January 21, 2017. The cap on registrations is 400 participants in the Half, 100 in the Quarter, and 200 in the 5k, so don’t delay in signing up! Registration for this event and the half marathons series (one half marathon in each season) are tracking higher than last year, according to Uberthons. The January NewYearathon has been canceled – so those participants are encouraged to register early for the Winter event by the organizing team. The half is $60, the quarter is $50, and the 5k is $40; the event will be run at The Reserve Vineyards and Golf Club.
- The Rock’n’Roll Marathon Series will be holding a 24-hour sale on Thursday, December 15, 2016. You can sign up for an email reminder online here, where you can also check out the 2017 race locations, dates, and prices. For example, San Francisco is on March 26 with some registrations available for $50; and Seattle will be on June $18 with registrations as low as $50 as well.
- Heads up – prices for the Eugene Marathon go up on January 5, 2017. Until then, the marathon is $100 and the half is $80 while the 5k is only $20. After 1/5/17, the two longer races go up $10 and the 5k by $5. Register online for the 2017 Eugene Marathon races now right here.
- The first race in the Portland Running Company Winter Race Series is this Saturday – January 17. You can still sign up for the entire 3-race series for just $60 or an individual race for $25. There is no onsite registration on race day, so you need to register online.
- Speaking of PRC, their annual Peacock Lane Run will be on December 22 at 6p from their store at 800 SE Grand Ave. The run is about 4 miles and is open to all paces. Post-run, there will be a raffle and refreshments.
- And speaking of Peacock Lane, the Red Lizards are doing a run through the brightly lit neighborhood (street, really) on Monday, December 19. Their 6-ish-mile run will start and end at the Foot Traffic store at 4020 NE Fremont and will head out at 6p. The link above includes details on the post-run potluck so you can plan what to bring if you choose to stay.
That’s all for this installment. Reader and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!