Hey Run Oregon readers! If nothing below suits your fancy, be sure to check the Pacific NW Running Calendar on Run Oregon to see everything else on the calendar. There, you can sort by location, distance, or just scroll through the chronological calendar to see what’s coming up.
Here’s what caught our eye this week:
- Cheap Race Alert: One of our Featured Races takes placed this weekend! The Community Action Agency Superhero Dash raises funds to help families and individuals get back on their feet. The race is Saturday, May 13; the 5k is $25 and the 10k is $30.
- Awesome Race Alert:Run the Dutch 5k The sparked a lot of interest when we shared it on our facebook page. This June 3 race in McMinnville is sponsored by – you guessed it – Dutch Bros. Coffee (and Heidi Moore of Country Financial).
- The race director for the Sasquatch 50k has promised to get the race’s logo tattooed somewhere on his body if he gets at least 50 people registered for the race. With registrations currently hovering around 40 for this Saturday, May 20 race, it’s possible … spread the word and we’ll see if we can get him to livestream it when he get the tattoo.
- This Saturday, May 13, is the Girls on the Run 5k at PIR. And it’s open to the community! So anyone can run or walk, not just the girls and their buddies. Ladies – you can still sign up to be a buddy! Read the FAQ here and then be sure to complete your background check (it’s paid for in the registration).
- We just posted a preview for one of my all-time favorite races: the Stoller Vineyards 5k scheduled for June 3 in Dayton. Read up on it here.
- There’s a half marathon coming up May 20th that’s only $50 whether you sign up ahead of time online or at the race. The Queen of the High Road Half Marathon and 10k is in Wilsonville and offers finishers a tiara instead of a medal.
- Also on May 20th is the “Alien Abduction Dash,” a 5k run in McMinnville. It’s part of the town’s annual UFO Festival.
- We don’t typically post about non-local news, but in case you missed it: 3 runners attempted to run a sub-2-hour marathon this week. Read about the attempt and what it might mean for the future of marathon times in this Runner’s World article.
- Another race discount, this one for the Saturday, May 27 Run to Remember in Washougal. Save 10% on your registration with the code: RUNOREGON
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!