Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Low-cost Races Coming Up Soon:
- Tomorrow (January 23) is the second Miles in Chiles indoor track race at the University of Portland. At this mini-meet, there will be a 200m, an 800m, and a mile, and each race is just $5 to run. Get more info here.
- The Couples Classic will run on February 9 in Eugene. It’s a 5k that’s only $15 without the shirt or $25 with the shirt, when you sign up online ahead of time.
- You know we love tacos – so we love the Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot 5k Series in Eugene! Your $25 registration includes a drink and taco bar. The next race is Tuesday, Feb 5 at 6p.
- Remember to sign up for the Zena Road Runs! They do have a price increase on February 13, and all three of their distances are the same price ($35) – including a 15k! That is a great deal for what’s becoming a more rare distance.
Other Races/Runs That Caught Our Eye:
- The Truffle Shuffle is on Sunday, February 10 in Eugene, and they’re offering complimentary entries to all Veterans. And if you’re not a Veteran, the regsitration for this 2-miler and 4-miler is $25, with proceeds supporting Veteran’s families through St. Vincent de Paul. There’s a kid’s 700m Fun Run starting at 12:45p and the other races follow, with the 4-miler at 2p, giving you all morning to get things done before the race.
- The Hagg Lake Mud Runs – the 25k/50k event out at Hagg Lake near Forest Grove – still has room in the Saturday 50k and Sunday 25k. (You can also run the double.) The only option that’s sold out is the Saturday 25k, but there is a waitlist to which you can add your name. Or you can sign up for the Saturday 25k AND Sunday 25k (running both) for $112. If you’re signing up for just one race, the 25k if $76, the 50k is $96. The traditional double (50k on Saturday and 25k on Sunday) is $122.
- One of my favorite relays is the Three Capes Marathon Relay. A team of up to 5 people run from Tillamook towards Pacific City at this low-key, beautiful and challenging 26.2-mile race. It’s on Saturday, Feb 23 and if you’re interested in joining a team but don’t have one yet, email us! I’m putting together a few teams and can fill you in.
Upcoming Price Increases
- The Helvetia Half (organized once again by Run With Paula) has a price increase on February 1, so sign up by the 31st to get the best price. On the 1st, the half goes from $79 to $85, the 10k goes from $59 to $65, and the 5k goes from $39 to $45. The 2019 Helvetia Half is on Saturday, June 8 in Hillsboro.
- The Heartbreaker Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k will run on February 17, and there’s a price increase from February 3. On that date the half will go from $79 to $89, the 10k will go from $59 to $64, and the 5k will go from $44 to $49.