Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- EDITED! The August Discovery Run has been moved from the 24th to the 31st this month because of the Hood to Coast relay! Mark your calendar for the next Discovery Run from the Tualatin Road Runner Sports. This is a free scavenger-hunt style run or walk; I walked it last time with my family and we had a great time! (I’m bummed I can’t make it this month.) The August date is Thursday the 31st, and the run starts at 6:30p. Try to get there before 6:15p to get signed in and visit the vendor tables, which will open at 5:30p.
- Another cheap run to mark your calendar for: The City of Tigard’s Family Fest Fun Run on September 9. Register online here – it’s only $5 for adults and free for ages 5 and under, this “almost 3 mile” route starts at Tigard’s City Hall at 10a. It’s part of a larger event going on that entire weekend. Registration is capped, and as of today only 124 spots remain.
- This Saturday evening there’s a street mile in Eugene. It’ll run on 5th Ave and is $25 for adults, with a high school and under mile for $15. Register online here.
- Want to do a race early this weekend to avoid any”Eclipse Traffic?” The Kindness Rocks 5k in Amity is only $25 and starts at 9a on Saturday the 19th. Register online here through midnight on Friday.
- Cheap race alert! The Riverhawk Run 5k is a cross-country race in The Dalles on August 26 at 9a. Read our preview to get more info and the email to get a registration form. It’s only $10 if you register by August 24 (no shirt) or $15 DOR.
- The Holiday Half Marathon and 5k will have early bird pricing good through September 1, with special discounts for groups of 10 or more participants. Through August, the half is $65 and the 5k is $33 for groups of 10+ signing up together. Solo registration is $70/$38 until 9/1. Registration includes a long sleeve tech shirt.
- Looking for a cheap fall half marathon? The ORRC Blue Lake Half Marathon is only $40 if you sign up before August 14. (The 5k is $30 until that date.) This new half marathon (they previously offered a 15k) will run on Saturday, October 14 at Blue Lake Park in Fairview.
That’s all for this installment.