While it is physically impossible to compete in all three events that are taking place over St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Central Oregon, it is possible to participate in 2 of them, if you choose to.
The St Patrick’s Day Dash 5K in Bend is back for its 8th year and is always a good time, especially for the costumes, as nearly everyone goes all out with their best green outfits! The atmosphere is fun, including tons of spectators at the start and at the finish. The after party is a great time!
However, I know you’re sitting there pondering how you might be able to start a 5K race in Bend at 10:05am, finish that race, then find your car and drive to Redmond for a race that starts at 11am. Seriously though, you’re wiser to pick one and enjoy all the fun that each event has to offer. In Redmond, Run Paddy Run 5K is all set for its very first year, and will start and end at General Duffy’s Watering Hole, where you can not only enjoy your favorite beverage, but the food options are insane thanks to a host of awesome food carts.
And after you’ve had an amazing day of racing on Saturday the 14th, you can drift on out to Prineville on Sunday for another amazing day of racing! The Prineville Paddy Pint 10K/5K is a super fun time, especially for the whole family. The courses run through downtown Prineville and finish at Ochoco Brewing, where the beverages are cold and the food is good. And not to be outdone by the Bend race, The Paddy Pint is in its 7th year and costumes are also a huge part of what makes this event so much fun!
- St.Patrick’s Day Dash 5K – Bend: Saturday, March 14th. Race starts at 10:05am
- Run Paddy Run 5K – Redmond: Saturday, March 14th. Race starts at 11am
- Prineville Paddy Pint 5K/10K/2M – Prineville: Sunday, March 15th. Races start at 3pm
- Bend 5K = $35.00. Register online.
- Redmond 5K = Free!! Donations are gratefully accepted for Beulah’s Place. Register by emailing email@example.com
- Prineville 5K/10K/2M = $29.00. Register online.