Running Takes Guts: A Run Oregon review of Nouri Probiotic & Omega Oil


A lot of runners out there run to become, or stay, healthy. Shoot, I tell myself that I need to run to counteract the amount of craft beer I want to sample. But on the flip side, it’s also imperative to become, or stay, healthy in order to run. For runners, missing out on a few miles due to illness or a body imbalance is equivalent to getting punched in the face. For those of us who struggle with internal diseases, it’s important to do all we can to keep healthy and be able to keep pounding the pavement.

Today, over one billion people worldwide are suffering from gut-related diseases. This problem costs America more than $136 billion dollars a year to treat, more than heart disease, trauma, or mental illness. 74% of the population is living with gut ailments and only half of them ever report them to their doctors. There are a lot of probiotics out there, and I know that at least a few people in my family have done trial-and-error for years to attempt to keep things healthy.

Nouri  claims to be the only product on the market to deliver probiotics and  plant-based omega oil  in one capsule, so your body receives double benefits with just one daily effort by you. This sort of targeted probiotics give your body the daily support it needs for digestive and immune health while plant-based omega fatty acids support your body and brain.

Nouri showcases this difference by focusing on:

  1. Delivery: Nouri is the only product on the market to combine the power of probiotics and plant-based omega oil in a 2-in-1 capsule, incorporating delayed release technology.Nouri’s research team has completed a scientific study to show that when compared to a standard capsule, Nouri’s capsule delivers more probiotics to the gut. This is key to achieving quick and effective results.
  2. Transparency: Arecent GUMC study revealed that only 35% of probiotics on the market can be traced back to supporting science. This is because the other 65% are not labeling probiotics to the strain level, which is what enables us to link the probiotics to supporting science. We believe transparency is kind. Each of Nouri’s products is transparently labeled and rooted in clinical research with supply chain traceability to support our consumer’s decisions
  3.  Tried and True Results: Nouri’s consumers are finding real results. In fact, the Nouri consumer stays on our product three times longer than leading brands. It also tastes and smells like a freshly peeled orange!

We didn’t have any bloggers who seemed to be struggling with this ailment (or at least wanting to venture away from a program that is working for them), but my wife has taken probiotics for years with mixed results. She tried these out over the past month or so and things are going well. It’s tough to gauge their claimed supports in a month (super immunity, increased energy, brain health), but they worked well enough to have her planning for a non-sample bottle.

If you are struggling with gut-issues and are having trouble finding a probiotic that seems to work, this may be an opportunity to check out something likely just a little different than you have before. Don’t let your running plans in 2020 get derailed from illness before trying these out!

Company: Nouri (Facebook)


More about Nouri:

Caroline Beckman launched Nouri to deliver gut health solutions that empower individuals to take a proactive approach to their health. With a dedication to science and transparency, Nouri continues to develop solutions that advance consumer health, starting within the gut and radiating outwards. Nouri is the first in the world to deliver a two-in-one capsule containing probiotics and plant-based omega oil. To read more about the company and products please email and visit

Thank you to Nouri for providing us with samples. Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.

About Author

Matt Rasmussen lives in Keizer, Ore. with his wife and three daughters. He enjoys watching hockey, going to as many breweries (618) and wineries (152) as he can, and all things Canada (he was born there). Matt was raised as a baseball player and officially transitioned over to running in 2010.

%d bloggers like this: