Coming across California Cowboy (and specifically their High Water Shirt), and coupling it with the fact that my wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in a few months, it seemed like a perfect pairing and I wanted to know more!
While runners are no strangers to shirts with “features” (i.e. moisture-wicking, odor-absorbing, etc), this one really ramps things up a notch in that department. I mean, just listen to these:
- The inside is made of a terry cloth lining. That means it’s essentially a towel…built right into the shirt!
- Equipped with a pocket that is made from waterproof fabric and zipper that will keep your phone protected (though don’t go swimming with this – it’s not thaaaat waterproof.
- Speaking of pockets, there is a reinforced pocket on the side back that will hold a bottle or can of beer – no problem.
- On the inside of the of the shirt is a small pocket that has a credit card sized bottle opener and a small pack of “Conversation Stopper Cards”. Just make sure you don’t try to make it through airport security with that bottle opener in your card – as it will DEFINITELY set off all detectors in the county!
I mean, now THOSE are features.
Toss in some truly tropical prints and this locally hand sewn garment is pretty dang tubular. It is definitely made for the beach and has a very modern cut to it. I have a larger torso (I’m 6’2), and it fits just to my waist. That’s generally not where I desire. If you do need a bit more room, definitely opt for a size up. I am right on the verge of needing to size up, but since I am in the midst of a serious 2019 slim down, I anticipate fitting nicely into this when the summer weather hits. Though I have worn these a few times already on those surprisingly warm spring days, as well as post-run wear after a few warmer treks, I am eyeing June 3rd – my birthday and also travel day 1 to Maui – as a true kickoff wearing day.
So when the weather gets you down, and you are planning a “runcation” to the Islands (or really any warm location), consider checking a High Water shirt to really make a statement.
Company: California Cowboy (Facebook)
- High Water Shirt
- 100% Portuguese Cotton
- Lining: 50% Cotton, 50% Modal
- 10 oz. loop terry cloth
More about California Cowboy:
California Cowboy we believe you can use your personal style as a secret weapon to meet new people. In analog. Not swiping or liking, but actually looking into someone’s eyes and having a conversation with them. With your mouth. Our goal is to share our style weapons to make your social experience a better one. We strive to make people laugh and think twice when encountering you – one of the Vital Few – our tribe.
California Cowboy is your Trojan Horse into a conversation. We know first-hand that sartorial and social bravery – even a little self-deprecation – can result in a goat load of fun.
Thank you to California Cowboy for providing us with a shirt. Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.