Matt: I have tried out a bunch of running socks during my time at Run Oregon, but GORE is new to my dresser. I tried out a few different lengths in their M series and M Light series. Here are some specs:
- Comfort mapping construction uses specific placement of fabric for ultimate comfort
- Toe and heal protection
- Achille’s tendon protection channel
- Mesh construction to aid cooling and moisture management
- Highly moisture wicking technology
- Grip band around midfoot to keep sock in place
- Designed for optimal comfort with less seams
The differences between the two styles (light & non-light) is pretty clear – it’s just a reference to the amount of padding of each. I didn’t feel too much difference when switching between the two, though I know some runners want the road feel and keep their socks and shoes as low-profile as possible. They have both held up quite well to numerous washings and are still up to the task with each run.
You can get these in black/grey (pictured), as well as white/black options.
Products and Price:
- GORE Socks (range from $11.99 – $19.99)
Thank you to GORE & Swiftwick for providing us with sock samples. Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.