This years Hippie Chick race takes place at Ron Tonkin Field (4450 NW 229th Ave, Hillsboro OR 97214) on Saturday May 12th! Hippie Chick 2018 offers not only the half marathon, but a quarter marathon and a 15k as well. This race is open to both walkers and runners. Taking place on Mother’s Day weekend, this is a perfect event to grab your Mom, daugher or best girlfriend to celebrate together.
Hippie Chick’s route starts and ends at Ron Tonkins Field at 8:00a. The course is ran or walked along flat tree lined streets with beautiful scenic views. There is an out and back section that I personally love. I enjoy seeing all the women that are in front of me go by, and the women behind me as I head back. It is inspiring both ways!
Check out maps of the half, quarter and 15k here!
What to expect (schedule):
- Arrive 6-7:30a and park at Intel or the stadium.
- 7:30a Kids mile race on the field
- 8:00a start of the half, quarter and 15k
- 10:30a Awards (Carr Subaru stage on the field)
There will be a gear check-in beginning at 6:30a (please pick up your items quickly after you finish the race).
- 9:00a-12:00p pancake breakfast, beer garden open, music and giveaways for you to enjoy.
There will be awards for the best costumed “Hippie Chick” runners! How fun is that?
Packet pick up will have two options:
- Thursday May 10th 11:00a-7:00p at Dicks (9402 SW Washington Square Tigard 97223)
- Friday May 11th 10:00am-5:00p at Dicks (7280 NE Butler St. Hillsboro 97124)
- Half marathon: $85.00 thru April 29th
- Quarter marathon: $75.00 thru April 29th
- 15k: $80.00 thru April 29th
All finishers will receive a Nike Dri-Fit Hippie Chick shirt and a beautiful finishers necklace. For more information, email email@example.com