I can’t believe we are a few short weeks from the Eugene Marathon weekend. It feels just like yesterday that I notched my second marathon at the 2016 event – and yet here it is again! Obviously race day is awesome, but there is a real benefit to consider finding a hotel, VRBO, or AirBNB and spending the whole weekend in Eugene and taking in all that events that are going on (and maybe even checking out the Eugene Ale Trail).
- Packet Pick-up is available for all races at the Oregon soccer fields (adjacent to Hayward Field) from 1-6pm
- On Friday night, is the 2017 Oregon Twilight Meet, an invitation-only meet for college and individual athletes at Historic Hayward Field. Come and check out some rising young starts in the Track and Field world.
- 5K & Kids Duck Dash packet pick-up is available from 7-745a
- Kid’s Duck Dash starts at 8am and TrackTown 5k begins at 830a
- The Health and Fitness Expo is ongoing from 9a-6p
- The tents will once be set up right next to Hayward Field on the soccer fields (between University and Agate on 15th Avenue), which is right in the heart of the race festivities. The expo will also allow you to get (temporarily) “tatted up” to commemorate the event. Last year, runners will be able to select from one of 4 free marathon-themed temporary tattoos and this year is promising more of the same.
- The Lane County Farmers Market has over 800 active members and nearly 300 of these members sell each week, rain or shine. It is open every Saturday from 9a-3p.
- Check out the DJ Yoga Flow event from 4-5pm (arrive 20 minutes early) at the Rec Center Field 1 (same location as the Expo). Chelsea from Hard Core Yoga and DJ Mandy Mac will get you limbered up for the weekend.
- Fuel up by checking out one of the Eugene Marathon’s favorite eateries! There may even be some runner discounts at Cornicopia and the Wild Duck Cafe (bring your bib)!
- Half and Full Marathon packet pick-up from 530-615a. Remember that this option costs $15 and MUST be determined in advance. Remember that parking can be a challenge at times so check out parking and shuttle information on the race website.
- Marathon and Half Marathon starts at 7am!
- The “Finisher’s Festival” will be waiting for you when you finish and will feature a Ninkasi Beer Garden, coffee from Allann Brothers, grilled cheese sandwiches from Franz, and the famed pancake breakfast from Krusteaz. Hang out, relax, schedule yourself for a free massage, and marvel at what you just accomplished!
Don’t forget to download the Eugene Marathon app to have all this info at your fingertips!
Eugene Marathon and Half Marathon (5k and Kids 1k Duck Dash)