White Chocolate Chip and Cherry No-Bake Vega Protein Cookie Recipe Makes 24 cookies
- 3 cups oat flour*
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 scoops Vega Sport Performance Protein powder, vanilla flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter, or nut butter of choice
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (the kind in a can)
- 1/3 cup mini white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
*you can make your own oat flour by rolled oats or old fashioned oats in a blender or in a food processor and pulsing until reaching the desired consistency.
- Mix oat flour, coconut sugar, and Vega Protein Powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, mix peanut butter and brown rice syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds, check, and stir. Continue until completely melted, about 1:30 total.
- Mix peanut butter/brown rice syrup mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Add coconut milk and stir until it forms a stiff dough.
- Mix in white chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Roll into 1″ balls (makes approximately 24). Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and press flat.
- Refrigerate 3o minutes until firm.
Nutrition facts (per cookie): 175 calories; 7g fat; 24g carbohydrates; 6g protein.
Other recipe suggestions: Try substituting the cherries and white chocolate chips with carob chips, peanut butter chips, or dark/milk chocolate chips; chopped nuts; other types of dried fruit (craisins, raisins, coconut flakes, etc). Throw in a little unsweetened cocoa powder (maybe 1 teaspoon). If the pea protein powder taste is too strong, try replacing some of the Vega with PB2 (defatted peanut flour) in a 1:1 ratio.
Vega has lots of recipes on their website as well!