- This event has passed.
Tough as Nails
May 21 @ 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT$25 – $40
So excited to be holding the event in person, however with Covid still active in the community please carefully read over our safety guidelines in the waiver and initial before registration. Due to permits from the city, the event will be limited to 100 participants but can expand depending on the landscape as the event gets closer. Please know due to safety concerns things will be modified, however still expect the same great and fun event as always! Music from DJ Opie and lots of fellow runners enjoying the trails! All this year’s race proceeds will go toward the local running community!
***Safety Protocols for Runners***
1) Please be aware before you register for the race, that we will have volunteers on the course assisting runners with directions, however we will not have any aid stations on course, so please plan accordingly.
2) Our event will be CUPLESS! So please plan on bringing a hand held or own water bottle to use for the event.
3) As part of our COVID-19 safety guidelines, we ask that you please agree to the terms below for participating in Tough as nails. By agreeing to the terms below, you are pledging to follow the safety protocols put in place for Tough as Nails and Southern Oregon Runners.
I agree to the following safety measures:
1) Maintain 6ft physical distancing when possible.
2) Wear a face covering when 6ft physical distancing is not possible (this includes passing other runners/walkers/hikers) This could be a mask or buff.
3) Run in smaller/staggered groups if necessary.
4) Only attend if you have not been in contact with or had COVID-like symptoms in the past 10 days.
If you are not comfortable and confident in following these guidelines, we would ask that you not participate in the race this year. This information will be used in the event we need to contact attendees.
The 10 Mile course is a mix of service road and trails, with some of roxys newest trails! The 10 mile course consists of ~1800ft of elevation
The 5k course is a counter clockwise loop on the service road around the mountain and then an out and back at the end to make it even 3.1!
Start/Finish Line for both races is at the upper gravel parking lot at the base of the peak.