Sometimes after a race it can be hard to decide what to do. Going straight home feels anticlimactic. Going to run errands means returning to adulthood while still (probably) sweating a bit. And going out for a run is just ridiculous.
At ORRC’s Garlic Festival Race, they’ve solved this problem for you: go to the Garlic Festival. Its outdoors. There’s lots of art and food vendors. And the band will be playing in case you have a little extra energy for some dancing.
Participants can join in a 5K, 10K, or half marathon distance, taking runners and walkers along different roads of the city:
- The 5k loops though south and west North Plains.
- The Half Marathon is two beautiful loops, with one hill, around the Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course.
- The 10K is an out and back on the half marathon route.
All finishers earn a medal and a HUGE elephant garlic. Plus registration includes custom-made Fitsok socks to celebrate the race. And before you head to the festival, enjoy a catered brunch with burritos, pancakes, homemade bread and in-season fruit.
The Garlic Festival 10K is the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Championship Series Western Region 10K for 2023. Likewise, the Garlic Festival Half Marathon is the RRCA Championship Series State half marathon for 2023.
ORRC Garlic Festival Half Marathon, 10K, & 5K (North Plains, OR) $54-$64
- When: Saturday August 12. Half marathon at 7am. 10K at 8am. 5K at 8:30am.
- Where: NW Cottage St between NW 321 and NW 324, North Plains, OR
- Packet Pick-Up: Race Day starting at 6:15am.