Like every other day this fall, Thanksgiving will not be the same this year. Two things that are the same are the desire of families to gather together, and needs in the community that together we can help.
This year’s Turkey Trot Eugene will be responding to all of the new and traditional through a 5K run with a staggered start and virtual option, so that participants can keep safe and still be involved. The route starts and ends at Alton Baker Park, with elite/semi-elite men and women starting at 8am. All other groups (50 participants max) will be starting in 10-minute increments from then until 11am. Participants can select a time during registration to aim for what works best for the family (and any turkey plans).
For those who want to participate, but cannot be at the park, there is a virtual race option where participants receive a medal and bib number. These runners and walkers will tracker their distance and time at some point during Thanksgiving week and submit through a provided link. And t-shirts are available for all participants for an additional $14.
And because our community matters, dry and canned food donations will be collected at the race for FOOD For Lane County.
One last detail I am so excited to highlighted. From now until Veterans Day, register a child (12 & under) for FREE with a paid adult. Get a little one all set for a feast with the family (or football snacks or however you want to enjoy your day).
- When: Thursday, November 26 at 8am-11am (staggered start every 10 minutes)
- Where: Alton Baker Park (200 Day Island Road)
- Register: at Eugene Running Company or Run Hub, or Online
- Packet Pick-Up: Wedneday November 25, 11am-6pm at Eugene Running Company (116 Oakway Plaza) or Run Hub (NW 515 High Street) or Race Day.
- Cost: $30 for adults, $25 for seniors (60 & over) and youth (17 & under); $20 for virtual race. $5 additional charge on race day. Shirts available for $14.