I don’t know about you but I miss my friends, I miss hanging out, shooting the breeze, exercising and making plans together. Thankfully a new LIVE (but virtual) relay race, Going the Social Distance Relay has been hatched to create the closest thing we can get to a relay right now. Here’s more details from their press release:
>Amy Theberge, founder of Revel Events will produce her first in a series of virtual running relays on April 5th, 8:00am, with collaboration from Brad Nelson, founder of Mile Point Events. This event consists of teams from anywhere in the world, concurrently running a relay with a team of 8, alone. These virtual relays are designed to help us practice safe social distancing, allow us to enjoy running and walking, and create joy!
Here are the details:
- Each team consists of 8 runners, with a team captain at the helm
- Run on your own, while in touch with your team digitally
- Simply report stats to the team captain, post run
- Flexibility! Runners can race outdoors or on a treadmill, at their own pace
- These relays are a ridiculous amount of fun
- Share your experience and celebrate with us on Instagram Live, post race – hashtag #GTSDR
The race will be on April 5th at 8:00am, but people from all over the world can participate on the same team, just adjusting for time difference. Follow the event on Instagram and Register here. This will be a fundraiser for Meals on Wheels.
If you can’t make this first even, the second will be held on April 19th.