We runners are starting to get a little twitchy. Sure, we can get a run in, but we haven’t seen our running buddies in awhile. I decided to create the Scavenger Hunt, Social Distancing Style to give us all a little social interaction on the run, without compromising safety.
Here’s how it works:
- Text your running buddies and invite them to join in on this Scavenger Hunt. Pick a day that you can all agree to get out a run for a designated amount of time. (You choose how long you want to run, but be sure everyone sticks to the time limit so no one has an unfair advantage.)
- Take a screen shot of the Scavenger Hunt, Social Distancing Style below and send it to all your running buddies. (Or send them the link to this blog post.)
- Head out for a run – each of you from your own location – with your phone and your Scavenger Hunt list.
- Keep your eyes peeled for as many items on the list as you can find in the allotted time.
- When you come across something on the list, stop and take a selfie with that item as proof that you are checking it off your list. Share it with your running buddies via text or however the group has agreed to communicate (Running Zoom meeting, anyone?)
- If anyone in the group thinks your item shouldn’t count, they can protest your photo. The group will vote on whether or not you can count that photo. Majority rules!
- At the end of the agreed upon time, all Scavenger Hunting must come to an end. But, that doesn’t mean your run has to end.
- Add up your total number of items found, minus any that were disqualified by the group. The highest total is the Scavenger Hunt, Social Distancing Style winner!
Please follow all laws and social distancing safety measures while participating in this activity!
Scavenger Hunt, Social Distancing Style
- Something orange
- Bird on a wire
- Spring flower
- Create your initials using items in nature (sticks, leaves, grass, rocks, etc.)
- Something that makes you smile
- Abandoned clothing item – not your own! (glove, shoe, hat, sock, etc.)
- Farm animal
- Yard art
- Something shiny
- Something with a hole in it
- Political sign
- Animal footprint
- Bumper sticker
- Round window
- 3 of something – all together
- Something crunchy
- Something that starts with R
- Something that starts with U
- Something that starts with N
Run Oregon would love to see some of your best selfies after you participate. Please share on our Facebook page: #ScavengerHuntSocialDistancingStyle, #RunOregon
Have fun, enjoy doing something with your running buddies – from afar, and stay safe!