I am obsessed with muffins, it’s no secret! Because of this obsession, and the fact that I do try and live a healthy lifestyle, I often play with my standard “guilt free” muffin recipe to come up with new flavors. Check out my original recipe here.
With pumpkin season among us, I couldn’t help myself with this delightful Pumpkin Pie recipe! I was worried about the outcome, but I ended up liking this mix better than my original so I had to share!
This is a perfect, grab and go breakfast or snack for those busy mornings! They keep up for a week in the refrigerator or up to three months in the freezer.
Julie’s Blueberry/Pumpkin “guilt-free” Muffins:
- 1 cup oatmeal flour (I just mix oats in my Ninja blender)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup milk (can use almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned plain pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 large scoop protein powder
- 1-2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup blueberries (mix in last, by hand)
Sprinkle tops of muffins with a few oats, blueberries and nuts for added color before baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 10 muffins: 17g carbs 5.5g fat 7g protein 140 calories each