Any time I try a new shoe I get a little nervous since my feet have been a bit temperamental for the last few years. Between plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis, there’s always something I have to tend to or work towards preventing. But with the Mizuno Wave Rider 22 all my worries were unnecessary. My feet just about breathed a sigh of relief when they first slipped into these shoes! The amount of padding is just right, the hug around the heel feels stable without binding, and the width of the forefoot is comfortably wide without feeling too loose. The heel to toe drop is 12mm, which is perfect for me. I have worn this shoe around the house and around town for a few days to break in, on training runs, and in a few races, and it has not disappointed. I have not noticed any rubbing or blister causing spots, my heels don’t slip and also don’t hurt, and I could spend all day in the shoe without any problems. Definitely a great addition to my shoe rotation.
The Wave Rider 22 is an evolution and refinement of our franchise running shoe. Midsole improvements and a new upper design provide a softer, smoother running experience. This soft sole running shoe incorporates a 2-layered engineered mesh upper for excellent breathability and comfort. Cloudwave cushioning technology has softened the runners experience, while maintaining a responsive ride.
**Disclaimer: I’ve worn these shoes ~40 miles with the longest activity being 6 miles. **
Products & Price:
Specs (from website):
- Full Length Engineered Mesh Upper: Both breathable and durable for high performance
- Mizuno cloudwave technolog: provides cushioning, guidance, and more lively feel underfoot. The Wave technology sets the standard for running shoes technologies.
- U4ic midsole with soft heel center: Optimal shock attenuation, durability and a superior ride.
- U4icX Strobel Lasting Board: Ensures a comfortable underfoot feel.
- U4icX Heel Midsole: A lighter, more cushioned iteration of U4ic, delivering a softer underfoot feeling for a smooth transition.
- Premium sockliner
- Weight: 8.3 oz
- Ramp/Drop: 12mm
More about Mizuno:
Sports provide diverse value and play a vital role in helping people to lead a prosperous and comfortable lifestyle. Mizuno not only supports sporting activities by offering better sporting goods but also develops products and services that make the most of the value of sports and actively spread that in daily life. We will contribute to making people around the world happy through the power of sports.
Thank you to Mizuno for providing us with a sample pair. Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.