St. Patrick’s Day is chock full of local races, meaning you should be able to find a race that scratches whatever itch you have. If that happens to involve an mud-filled obstacle course with a 5K, then you should look at Terrapin Event’s Dirty Leprechaun race, to be held on March 17, with wave starts beginning at 10 a.m. (elite) and continuing to 1 p.m.
Here are the quick and dirty (ha ha) details:
- It’s a timed 5K race, with 20 different obstacles!
- Check out the names of some of the obstacles for an idea of what you’re in for: Teeter Totters; Are You Tired Yet?; The Wiggle Workout; and more. (Full listing on this page.)
- The race venue is Lee Farms, which offers lots of mud, rolling hills, and more.
- Race registration includes a finisher’s medal, race shirt, one free cider or beer, food, and music.
- Want to run it again? You can buy an “unlimited pass” and go through the course as many times as you like.
- There’s also a kid’s obstacle race – 1.1 miles.
- Parking at Lee Farms costs $10; otherwise, parking is free at nearby Legacy Medical Group, with a free shuttle running approximately every 20 minutes.
Dirty Leprechaun Run
When: March 17, 2018, beginning at 10:00 a.m. (elite wave); regular waves start at 10:30 a.m. and continue every 10 minutes through 1 p.m.
Where: Lee Farms, 21975 SW 65th Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062
Register: Find the registration form here and mail it in or register in-store at Road Runner Sports (Tualatin or downtown) or Fleet Feet (Vancouver) ($65 for adult 5K; $35 for kids’ 1.1 mile)
- registration must be received by March 6 to guarantee race shirt