- Since most of us have our smartphones with us up to the race (and sometimes even during) all of the race weekend information will be located in one, easy to access spot.
- It provides an interactive map showing points of interest – water stations, medical tents, mile markers, entertainment/spirit groups, etc and is frequently updated as information becomes available. For those who are coming in from out-of-town, the app gives a GPS version of the course including exact locations of points of interest. You can zoom in and see street names which is always helpful.
- It has runner tracking functions. Runners will need to carry their phones since tracking is done off GPS, but this is a great way for spectators in person (or at home or all the way across the country) to track the progress of runners. This will only be activated during race weekend and runners will have the ability to approve who tracks them – basically like a friend request on Facebook–until you approve it no one can track you. This is even better than the typical tracking – by necessitating the runner pass over a placed timing mat every few miles. This will give up to the second tracking!
- There are messaging capabilities so the Eugene Marathon can send messages and reminders to engage spectators in real-time.
- Photo section that compiles based on tracking hashtags (#eugenemarathon and #eugenemarathon2017 on Instagram).
Don’t forget the details around the race:
- $110 until 3/20/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $120 until 4/28/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $140 at Health & Fitness Expo
- $90 until 3/20/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $100 until 4/28/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $120 at Health & Fitness Expo
- $25 until 3/20/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $30 until 4/28/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $40 at Health & Fitness Expo
KIDS DUCK DASH
- $15 until 3/20/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $20 until 4/28/2017; 11:59 p.m.
- $20 at Health & Fitness Expo