After taking a few year’s off from really being a “music-nerd”, 2017 has really started bringing me back into listening once again. I am not 100% sure what forced me away from really being hardcore in the new music scene, though most likely it was my OCD forcing me to explore EVERY album that was released each week (which is super impossible, overwhelming, time-wasting, and downright unenjoyable). A new outlook on music has really allowed me to start to appreciate what I am listening to – something I haven’t been able to say!
February 2017 was also very good month for music, and this playlist is super diverse. In addition to relative genre-staples in my listening (indie, pop, and rock), there is a little ditty from a rap artist (that sounds more like an R&B that iss constructed with old-school island beat), as well as two from some of my favorite artists – Tianariwen, a Grammy Award-winning group of Tuareg musicians from the Sahara Desert region of northern Mali and Ryan Adams, my musical man crush. Check out what I had on repeat in January on Amazon Music and Spotify.
1. Black Mass by The Menzingers
2. Be the Man by Rag’n’Bone Man
3. Letter to the Editor by Thievery Corporation
4. Snowdonia by Surfer Blood
5. Walking in my Sleep by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
6. Arhegh ad annagh by Tinariwen
7. Bambi by Jidenna
8. Way it Goes by Hippo Campus
9. Do You Still Love Me? by Ryan Adams