Run Oregon would like to thank Dave and Robb for years of great service, meaningful activities, and amazing support of our local running and walking community. We wish them both the best of luck in their next adventure. Below is a letter from Dave to our readers:
Dear Run Oregon Fans!
Myself and business partner, Robb Finegan, would like to announce that Fit Right has been sold to Alan Rice and Susan Zepernick of Fleet Feet Sports. New ownership will take place on November 20th, 2014.
We are extremely fortunate to have been a part of the running and walking community for the past 14 years. The quality of relationships that we’ve built has been extraordinary. Both Robb and myself want to personally thank you for choosing to shop our stores and for attending our events. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed sponsoring over 80 events annually and simply, we’re grateful for the opportunity to build such a loyal walking and running community in Portland and Vancouver. Community! That’s what it’s about and I would like to encourage all of you to continue to support local.
Now, it’s time for us to move on to other opportunities. Rest assured that we were very selective in who we decided to sell to. The new owners are wonderful individuals who are local and will be personally vested in the business with goals of continuing our community focused business.
Here are a few quick facts that we feel are important to communicate to you:
- Alan Rice and Susan Zepernick are taking ownership of Fit Right and our two locations.
- Both Fit Right locations will remain locally owned-and-operated, as per the Fleet Feet Sports model.
- Same great staff is staying in place and ready to serve you.
- There are no immediate plans to change the Fit Right name.
- You, can expect continued robust local involvement and support, as is both the Fit Right and the Fleet Feet Sports way. This will include the First Thursday Run, Training Programs, Lacamas Lake Half and all of the fun pub/group runs that are currently being offered.
Once again, thank you for allowing Robb, myself and Fit Right to serve you. We wish you all the best in your running and walking endeavors.
With the utmost sincerity and respect,
Dave Sobolik, Founder