Local runners Trisha Swanson and Annie Soisson have organized a “virtual run” for this weekend. They are asking for anyone planning a run to make a donation to a cancer research or support organization as a form of “registration,” and to then post your picture on their facebook page as a form of “packet pick-up.” To share results, you can also tell them the name of the organization you’re supporting as well as any individuals you’re running for.
Here’s the email Run Oregon got from Swanson, who organizes the Reason to Run events in the Portland metro area including the Twilight 5k/10k in Cook Park:
We are not collecting any money directly, rather we are asking people to make a donation to the cancer organization of their choice and post a run photo on the We Run Against Cancer facebook page.
- Download and print out a race bib to wear (www.ReasonToRun.com/resources/RunAgainstCancerBib.jpg)
- Make a donation to any cancer charity of your choice
- Let us know which charity you donated to using this link (www.ReasonToRun.com/training/RunAgainstCancer.html)
- Wear your race bib and run (or walk) any day between July 25 – 28
- Take a photo of yourself (and your friends) with your race bibs on
- Upload your photo to the We Run Against Cancer Facebook page
If this is something you share with your friends we’d love to have them join in! Our goal is to have 500 photos on the facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Worldruns4cancer)