Tomorrow is National Running Day! As if you didn’t know right? There are several special events going on in the area, and I want you to be aware of them! This list is NOT all inclusive, only what I could find or was informed about. If you know about an event, please post a response to share with others. I am sure more will pop up on National Runner’s Day 2014 tomorrow.
1. If you are a morning waterfront runner, plan on cruising by the Salmon Strett Fountains between 4:30 -9:00am to say hello to Andy Carson from Fox 12 News OR Tune in all morning to check out for the fun First Thursday Urban Adventure happenings Fit Right and to hear about race registration savings from Fueled By Fine Wine Half, Vancouver USA Half & Full Marathons, Lacamas Lake 5K and Half and OR Wine Country Half Marathons.
2. Rock ‘N’ Roll Portland – Join National Running Day Fun Run hosted by the RNR PDX Ambassador Anna Connor on WednesdayJune 4, 2014! Location: Road Runner Sports Portland, Uptown Shopping Center, 29 NW 23rd Place, Portland, OR 97210 Special prizes, discounts, and more. Time: 6pm RSVP here.
3. Rock ‘N’ Roll Seattle – Same sort of deal but put on by Fleet Feet. Location: 911 w/Seafair, 911 East Pine Street
Seattle WA, 98122, 6:00pm I did not see a place to RSVP
1. Join runners world wide as they claim their National Running Day badges. We all run for different reasons but on 6/4/2014 we run together. Customize your National Running Day badge with the reason you run and share it with the world. Customize your badge here.
2. Saucony releases Finding Strong, an independent film documentary that capyires the power of running. Produced in collarboration with Runner’s worls and releases NRD June 4th at 4PM. Trailer here until that time. Finding Strong
Added 2:30 PST
1. In celebration of National Running Day- here’s a ONE day discount code good for $5.00 off adult registration of either an individual or team for Ladybug Run. Early bird pricing again, just for today! RUNNRD2014 www.ladybugrun.com
2. Race Discounts from Andy Carson’s Waterfront Event
- Vancouver USA Marathon or Half Marathon, Code: NationalRunning (Save $10)
- Lacamas Half or 5k, Code = FOX10 (Save $10)
- Fueled By Fine Wine: Code: FineWine (Saves $10, but only 50 spots remain)
- Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon, Code: RunDay14 (Save $10)
Note that the codes for Vancouver and Oregon Wine Country are both valid today and tomorrow too.
3. Energy Events is doing a special ‘What?’ Run tonight at Sweet Spots Skirts and ends at Fork Winery at the Slocum house in Ester Park – 6pm
4. Nuun Hydration has a discount today only
5. Nox Gear is 15% off
6. Running Skirts and it’s free shipping and a free gift with a purchase over $25