If you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary, check out Mount Hood Trail Games put on by Daybreak Racing. Held high on the slopes of Mt. Hood, this relay, squad, or solo trail race is not your typical trail run.
The course is basically a “three-leafed clover” consisting of three unique trail loops that all start and finish on the Sun Deck at Mt. Hood Meadows, adding up to 25K. No need for coordinating vans on this relay. Just hang out on the Sun Deck until it’s time for you to run. How great does that sound?
Here are the 4 different options for taking on this adventure:
- Mountain Trail Relay – With a 3 person team, each team member takes a turn running one of the 3 loops, in any order, until all members have run all 3 loops. This option has everyone running a 25K (15.5 miles.)
- Sprint Relay – Each person on the team of 3 runs one of the loops. This option adds up to the team running a total of 15.5 miles.
- Wolfpack Race – Your team of 3 runs all three loops together as a team. Loops can be run in any order, but the team must stay together. This options means you all run 25K together.
- Lone Wolf 25K – Run all 3 loops solo.
After your race, all participants will receive a custom award. There will also be raffle prizes and custom awards for podium winners. Participants will receive a voucher ticket for food at the Mt. Hood Meadows’ Sahale lodge, so be sure to stick around after your race for the celebration.
A portion of race proceeds will be donated to the non-profit Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue (PNWSAR), an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to providing search and rescue services for people who are lost or injured out of doors, primarily in the Mount Hood and Columbia River Gorge regions.
Mount Hood Trail Games are in early September, a perfect time for a trail race on the mountain. I’m eyeing my calendar to see if I can fit this one in. Sounds like an epic day on the trails!
Mt Hood Trail Games $95-$395
Dates: September 9-10
Location: Mt Hood Meadows ski area
- Mountain Relay – $395/team
- Sprint Relay – $205/team
- Wolfpack Race – $255/team
- Lone Wolf 25k – $95