The Carlsbad Marathon & Half is only a few short weeks away (January 16, 2022), but there’s still time to make travel plans to the San Diego area for our latest FEATURED RACE. If you take a look at our Run Oregon Race Calendar, you will see that this weekend is a little sparse when it comes to local events. With all the rain (or snow depending on where you are located), a trip to Southern California after the holidays doesn’t seem that bad. This event is sure to wipe the winter blues right off your face.
Course Maps can be found here:
The “double” option is a fun 5k, followed by the half shortly thereafter. Might as well run as much as possible right?!
Their course entertainment set-up kind of reminds me of the Rock n’ Roll Series, with numerous bands on stages playing music for participants along the course. Live music, live running, AND beach views…count me in!
Even though there is a travel investment, race entry includes some pretty sweet swag:
- Technical fabric long-sleeve shirt in men’s and women’s styles
- Premium full-zip jacket (full, half & double down participants only)
- Gorgeous finishers medal
- Souvenir bib number
- One-day pass to the Carlsbad Columbia Sportswear Company Employee Store
- And much more!
If you are looking for accommodations, check out their local options for discounts. And really – reward yourself in 2022. You deserve some fun in the sun!
Carlsbad Marathon & Half (Carlsbad, CA)
- Full Marathon – 6:15 AM
- Half Marathon – 7:45 AM
- Surf Sun Run 5K – 6:45 AM
- Marathon – $169
- Half – $149
- Surf Sun Run 5k – $50
- Double Down Challenge (5k & Half) – $199
- **Full, Half, and Double include Long Sleeve Tee, Full-Zip Jacket, and Medal**