Yes, this new shoe from Under Armour has quite the abbreviated name, but the UA HOVR SLK EVO Perf Suede is a really good looking and fun option to have in your closet. Even with a complex name, it’s simply solid. It may not be a running shoe, but definitely has a running shoe vibe to it’s look. It has that standard athletic vibe to it with a rubber outsole and low profile. I have gotten a ton of comments on these shoes – which is something that can be appreciated in casual footwear. It even has some running shoe tech in it, with their UA HOVR technology providing that energy return that reduces impact with each step. It fits
But these shoes also have some qualities that running kicks don’t have (or need), like the forefoot being made from suede and leather detailing. There is a comfy die-cut sockliner provides that provides some additional cushioning. Overall, this shoe does a solid job in the cushioning department, and even a few hours of standing and walking around kept my feet feeling good.
Overall, I have really enjoyed this shoe. I have been wearing it more and more and it gets more comfortable with every wear.
It comes in three color schemes:
- Martian Red / Grey Flux (pictured)
- Ash Grey / Onyx White
- Range Khaki / Summit White
- UA HOVR SLK EVO Perf Suede ($120)
- 9.58 ounces
- Knit quarter panel provides ultimate comfort & a dimensional look
- Suede, micro-perforated forefoot & premium leather detailing for elevated style & texture
- Modern tongue & collar construction for ease of entry & step-in comfort
- Plush, die-cut sockliner provides additional cushioning
- UA HOVR™ technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
- Full rubber outsole with knobbed texture
- Removable insole
Thank you to Under Armour for providing us with a sample pair. Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.