A brand new race series is hitting the Olympic Peninsula in 2019. The Port Angeles Marathon Association is debuting Run the Peninsula. This series of five 5K and 10K races will begin with the Elwha River Bridge Run on February 2nd. Each of the 5 races will be on a different section of the traffic-free Olympic Discovery Trail. You can run just one of the races or save money by registering for 2 or more of the events in the series. If you can’t make it on race day, you can run any or all of the races virtually – just complete your virtual run(s) by December 31, 2019.
You will earn a unique triangular-shaped medal at each race. If you complete all 5, you will earn the center medal that connects all 5 medals for a one of a kind impressive series medal.
Run the Peninsula includes the well-established North Olympic Discovery Marathon. This race gives you a Boston Qualifier marathon and half-marathon and relay option in addition to the 5K and 10K choices.
This is a great opportunity to take in the beautiful sights of the Olympic Peninsula on paved trails, one section at a time. This looks to be a wonderfully scenic series of races without the worry of traffic!
The entire Run the Peninsula Series includes these events:
- Elwha Bridge – February 2
- Railroad Bridge – April 27
- North Olympic Discovery Marathon – June 1-2
- Larry Scott Trail – October 19
- Jamestown S’Klallam – December 7
You can view each of the course maps here.
- $35 – 10K (by 12-31-18)
- $30 – 5K (by 12-31-18)
- $30 – Virtual run 5K or 10K (price good through Dec. 31, 2019
- 2 Race Bundle – save 10% per event
- 3 Race Bundle – save 12% per event
- 4 Race Bundle – save 14% per event
- 5 Race Bundle – save 16% per event