When I hear the word “shammy”, I tend to think of this guy. My mind immediately goes toward those bright orange squares that help get your cars clean. I have used these and they do a surprisingly admirable job even with their unsightly colors, small sizes, and limited versatility. So color me pumped to see the shammy get an upgrade with the Shammy Towel by Rumpl.
This towel was seemingly created for the Pacific Northwest, with the options for use seemingly limitless. Here are just a few options I figured I could use this for:
- Taking for a warm afternoon at the Coast (it’s sand resistant)
- Packing in a yoga bag for a mat alternative
- Taking to Council Crest, or any of the hundreds of great parks around the state, to use as a picnic blanket
- Drying off after a trip to Deer Creek or Breitenbush Hot Springs
- Using as a post-race or post-workout towel
Having a packable towel is fantastic, and it definitely fits the bill. It can roll or fold up to a very thin and small size and doesn’t take up much space in a bag, car, or pack. It’s also quick-drying, making it perfect for the active community – continually wet and stinky towels are the worst. But even beyond folding small and drying quick, this even goes a step further with its design qualities.
It is resistant to sand, something that you don’t realize is important until you are still finding Oregon Coast sand in your gym bag for months afterwards. It’s also stain-resistant so that you don’t have to worry about being careful on your picnic when pouring some craft beer to pair with your local cheese and jam plate. It’s also pet hair resistant, something that I KNOW dog-lovers can appreciate.
It is also oversized and able to be utilized as an actual beach towel, one that you can lay down and grab a tan on. There is even a larger size – a double – which is perfect for a couple, family, or as a towel that you can really spread out on. The designs are bold and fit with PNW sensibilities quite well. I can’t wait to take this on my trip to Maui next month instead of lugging around big bulky towels to the beach the whole trip.
- Shammy Towel and Blanket ($59)
- Sandalwood Brown (pictured)
- Slate (blue variations)
- Deepwater (blue/yellow/red)
- Fabric – 85% polyester & 15% spandex
- 30 x 70” (76 x 178cm), 1lbs
- Ultra-absorbent for effortless drying
- Impossibly soft Rumpl shammy material that doubles as a beach blanket
- Quick drying application makes multiple uses a breeze
- Resists stains, sand, odor, pet hair
- Machine Washable
- Also available in 2-person and travel sizes
More About Rumpl:
We made the best towel in the galaxy. The Shammy Towel is here to upgrade your daily shower, beach get-away, pool day, or yoga class. We created Rumpl Shammy Fabric to be impossibly soft, insanely absorbent, all with a quick dry finish. Did we mention it repels sand, pet hair, odor, and stains?