Post-race surveys often include a question asking reasons that you select a race, like location, course, cost, timing, etc. For the Twilight Half Marathon this July I already know my answer: the medal! The stained glass medal, complete with an adorable owl in the middle, will be presented to every 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon finisher. The evening start time, park location, and friend running with me are all just bonuses to that beautiful treasure.
But you should know more about the event in case you have priorities beyond the bling. This evening event in Vancouver has three different distance options for grown ups, plus a 1 mile race for kids. All participants get a souvenir shirt (there is a tank-top option!) and the owl medal at the finish (let me know if I get too obsessed about the medal). The evening timing of these races will help avoid any questions on if you should stick around for the party. All participants get a post-race meal and 2 beers or ciders from Hopworks Urban Brewery. If you have a non-running fan club, they can buy tickets to join in for dinner, music, and brews.
The courses close at 9pm and the party wraps up by 10pm. So come to Vancouver for a run, a drink, and then head home for a great night’s sleep (with or without your medal…its glass, so without might be safer).
- When: Saturday, July 7th Half Marathon: 6pm 10k: 6:15pm 5k: 6:30pm
Kid’s 1 Mile Run: 6:40pm
- Where: Vancouver Lake Park (6801 NW Lower River Road)
- Register: Online https://eventsbyaxiom.enmotive.com/events/register/twilight-half-marathon
- Packet Pick-up:
- Thursday, July 5th 3-7pm at Fleet Feet PDX (2258 NW Raleigh Street);
- Friday, July 6th 3-7pm at Fleet Feet Vancouver (16020 SE Mill Plain Blvd);
- Saturday, July 7th 4-6pm at Vancouver Lake Park
- Cost: until June 20th Half Marathon: $89 10k: $69 5k: $59
Kid’s 1 Mile Run: $20 (includes finisher medal, souvenir shirt, and dinner)
Additional Meal Tickets: $15 (includes 2 beers or ciders and dinner)