In 2016, Hood to Coast Race Series took over the Rogue Run in an effort to support and grow a great Southern Oregon event. Now in its second running, the 2017 Providence Rogue Run features a variety of distances (Marathon, Half, and 10k) on one of the area’s best road running courses – the Bear Creek Greenway.
The Marathon is a Boston Qualifier, and judging from the elevation map, it’s ripe for securing your BM ticket as there is a steady downhill the entire race. This is a point-to-point race for all distances, finishing in Central Point. Full marathoners will begin on the trail at Emigrant Lake (SE of Ashland), the half will start in Talent (between Medford and Ashland), and the 10k will start in Medford. To be honest, this trail is one that I always find myself on when I’m down south. It’s well-maintained, asphalt, and you can just go forever on it. It does appear that the trek through Ashland will head on Main Street, which should be a cool experience in this cool town.
There will be race support with water, electrolytes, and food along the course, as well as a “Table of Temptation”—which will offer items to challenge your inner-self!
After the race, stick around for the Southern Oregon Harvest Festival and BrewFest, which comes complete with live music, food vendors, grape stomping, a chili cook-off, and a beer garden with over 70 micro beer vendors! There will be changing stations available as well, making your post-race experience that much better – for you and those in smell-distance of you!
Providence Rogue Run (Ashland/Talent/Medford/Central Point)
When: Sunday, September 17
- 5:30 am – Parking opens at Jackson County Expo and shuttles begin taking Marathon participants to the Ashland start
- Last marathon bus leaves at 6:15 am
- 6:00 am – Gear check and Packet Pickup at Marathon Start
- 6:30 am – Shuttles begin taking Half Marathon and 10K participants to the Talent/Bear Creek starts
- Last Half/10K bus leaves at 7:15 am
- 7:00 am – Gear check and Packet Pickup at Half Marathon/10K Start
- 7:10 am – Rogue Run Marathon
- 8:10 am – Rogue Run Half Marathon/10K
- 9:15 am – Awards and Finish Party
Where: Bear Creek Greenway
Register: Online here;
- $105 – Marathon
- $70 – Half
- $55 – 10k
- Add $10 DOR