- As a multiple year veteran of the 15k, I am moving things up this year to the second annual half marathon. While some people may lament that the distance just extends for an out-and-back along Naito and Front Street, I actually don’t really mind it. I mean, these roads aren’t exactly the most exciting areas to run (unsurprising), but the Shamrock Run’s real claim to fame is the Terwilliger curves, and the half distance allows us half fans to get in 13.1, while still staying true to the heart of the 15k course. There is a 3000 runner limit for the half and should be filling up any day now. If this is your first time running in Shamrock events, head here for course maps and virtual flyovers.
- Gameface Media will have photographers on the course and will be offering free pictures. I don’t generally purchase that many race shots, but I have always found myself in pictures after the race and have generally been pleased. And did I mention they are free?!
- Bibs and shirts will be available for pickup at the Shamrock Fitness Fair at the Oregon Convention Center on Friday, March 11 or Saturday, March 12. The fitness fair includes more than 80 booths, games, prizes, samples, music, Happy Hour and more – for the entire family.
- I happen to think that the race shirts are pretty dang sweet. As are the finisher medals for the 15k and half.
- If you have little ones getting into running, there is the Shamrock Leprechaun Lap for the little ones to get addicted!
- Download the new Shamrock Run App for details on all things Shamrock!
Shamrock Run (Portland)
When: Sunday, March 13, 2016
Where: Waterfront Park, Portland, OR
- 15k – 7:30am
- Half – 7:50am
- 8k – 8:35am
- 1k – 9:05am
- 5k – 9:30am
- 5k walk – 9:45am
Registration: Online here;
- 5k, 8k – $44 Adults, $15 children 12 and under
- 15k – $54
- Half Marathon – $95
Includes: Adidas race shirt, cup of salmon chowder, Widmer beer for ages 21 and up, 15k and half finisher medals