Back in the day, I used to lead the group run out of PRC’s Beaverton store on Scholls Ferry. Then I had kids, and now all my runs are pretty much done before the sun comes up. But I might have to get back into it, because …
Every time you sign in and run or walk with the group at a PRC group run, you’ll earn $1 to go on a PRC gift card, so you can buy more running gear! The money is tallied up and delivered once a year, so get running now and next fall you could earn yourself some great deals on gear and shoes. Get more details here.
Read on to find out where and when you can start getting paid to run.
Portland Running Company group runs:
(please note that even though PRC loves dogs, they ask that you leave your four-legged friends at home.)
Beaverton – 10029 SW Nimbus Ave, Suite 100 (intersection of Scholls Ferry and Nimbus)
- Mondays & Wednesdays 6p, 4-7 miles – Check out the group’s unofficial facebook page
- Thursdays 6p; mileage varies – Get more details on facebook
Downtown Portland – 800 SE Grand Ave.
- Mondays 6p; 4-6 miles
- Wednesdays 6p; WALK 3-4 miles – Led by Lynette Hawkins, more details on facebook
- Thursdays, 6p; 5-7 miles hosted by Mark Remy and followed by “Thirsty Thursday refreshments,” with the first round on PRC. Every other week there is also a PT there to ask him your running questions.
- Sundays 8a, Long Run from Kenny & Zuke’s at NW 24th and Thurman; usually 5-18 miles
- Tuesdays 5:45p, Track workout at Catlin Gabel School at 8825 SW Barnes Road. Learn what the workout is each week on facebook (or at the track). Warm-up starts at 5:45, workout is slated for an hour.