Here’s the full list:
- Y2K 10k – Saturday, Jan 10 in Forest Grove
- Champoeg 10k – Saturday, Mar 7 at Champoeg State Park
- Hagg Lake 10k – Saturday, May 2 at Hagg Lake
- Up the Lazy River 10k – Monday, May 25 in West Linn
- Garlic Festival 10k – Saturday, Aug 8 in North Plains
- Greenway Trail Trial 10k – Monday, Sept 7 in Beaverton
- Best Dam Run – Sept 26 in Estacada
Membership in ORRC includes discounts at all their events (including the Hagg Lake 25k/50k, Vernonia Marathon and Half Marathon, Turkey Trot, and Autumn Leaves 50k/50 Miler, in addition to these 10ks), discounts at local running stores, and the quarterly Oregon Distance Runner magazine (for which I’m the managing editor). ORRC has recently revamped their logo and has created a few cool new promotions – one member just won a trip to the Marine Corps Marathon for 2015, and is offering free fitness classes at three area gyms for members in January, February and March.
ORRC has also created a 5k Series, which will include five races for $75 for members. If you like both distances, you’ll have to decide, because there are two events at which both Series have a race. Registration for the 5k Series will open in January.