* 40 is the new awesome for running! (That’s British runner Jo Pavey winning an international 10K race at age 40.)
* “Why Barefoot Running is B.S.” – kind of a pointed title, no? I’ve tried barefoot running on the grass field inside the track, and it was okay, but not my cup of tea. I’m kind of a germaphobe, so it was impossible not to think about what my bare feet were touching. But I wouldn’t call it “b.s.”….
* Reducing runner’s trots: get fitter and/or lighter…. Um, okay, but isn’t that what we’re trying to do? (Maybe not everyone is into the get lighter part.)
* There seems to be some consensus that salted caramel Gu is to die for. What about some other flavors, like salted watermelon? Or root beer? Or pickle juice?(!?) Check out this review.
* People who are diligent about planning their financial future tend to take better care of themselves physically. I find this utterly unsurprising, as it sounds a lot like that experiment with 4 year old kids and cookies.
* Behold the runner’s food pyramid: