Note they are all part of the same company and the link to view availability and book is the same for each of these four:
- Comfort Suites (3060 E. 25th Ave. Eugene, 541-343-7000) will “cater to each individual’s needs” They encourage guests to communicate any specific needs or requirements they have for their stay and they will work with them on an individual level to accommodate them. They offer grab-and-go breakfast bags in the morning (must be reserved ahead of time), a swimming pool, hot tub and sauna. The can provide late check-out upon request. Rooms available as of 5/28 for $250.
- Econo Lodge at 1190 West 6th Ave in Eugene – online rate looks like $101.15 as of 5/28.
- Comfort Inn & Suites at 247 Melton Road in nearby Creswell has rooms available for $149 as of 5/28
- Comfort Inn at 845 Gateway Blvd in nearby Cottage Grove has rooms posted online for $89.99.
These hotels are all booked up, but you may try to contact them to see if there are any cancellations. The first three on this list will serve as shuttle locations to and from the marathon:
- Holiday Inn Express (all three locations) are booked for July 26th
- Hilton was holding a block of rooms for people in town for the marathon, but they’re booked solid
- Valley River Inn was holding a block of rooms for people in town for the marathon, but as of 5/28 they are booked
- Best Western New Oregon Motel (1655 Franklin Blvd, Eugene, 541-683-3669) offers late check outs for marathoners; I stayed here last year and it was great and easy to walk to the race
This year, University of Oregon dormitories will be available to rent for the weekend of the marathon. The dorms will be located in Barnhart Hall. Double occupancy rooms will cost $77 per night and single occupancy rooms will be $90 per night. A minimum stay of two consecutive nights is required.
Rooms are modest and standard hotel amenities like room service, air conditioning, and daily maid service are NOT available. Each room has two twin-sized beds, desks with chairs, and closets. While the rooms are not air-conditioned, summer nights in Eugene are typically comfortable. You are welcome to bring a small portable fan. Rooms are provided with sheets, blankets, pillows and towels. Beds are made upon arrival. Daily towel service is provided.
Remember to bring your own toiletries. Sleeping bags are not allowed per fire regulations.
Alcohol, smoking, open flames or pets are not permitted in the resident halls.
Various home-rental sites offer lodging in Eugene including Vacation Rentals by Owner, Air BnB, and Home-Away. Some of the rental properties are right near downtown/UofO. These would allow people to fix their own meals and could be close enough to the U of O that they could walk instead of having to deal with parking the day of the event. I recommend these types of rentals over what you mind find on Craigslist, although that’s also an option – with those linked sites, though, you can read reviews (and leave reviews) so there’s a little bit higher trust factor.
Thanks to the Eugene Marathon team, especially Carly Demanett, for the help in collecting this information.