Fall is thee BEST time to run and Halloween races are the greatest people-watching activity ever. There are a few different “costume-encouraged” race options this October, but I’ve decided that the 2023 Scary Run is the place I want to be THIS Sunday on October 29th!! The course, which starts racers off from Reflection Plaza in Washougal, is both flat and beautiful, boasting views of Mt. Hood and the Gorge while runners hoof it along the Columbia River.
There are three distances to choose from: A half marathon, a 10k, or a 5k, and all finishers will receive a shirt and medal. It’s also a great family-friendly event, with a 5k perfect for the kiddos. Kids 12 and under can race FREE and those 13 to 17 will get 50% off on registration. Also, did I mention COSTUMES? Who doesn’t love a good Halloween costume?
After the race, enjoy some soup, snacks and a free beer! Will I see you there?
2023 Scary Run Half Marathon/10k/5k $50-$102
- When: Sunday, October 29th, 2023
- Half Marathon begins at 8:30 AM,
- 5K & 10K at 9:00 AM
- Where: Reflection Plaza, Pendleton Way, Washougal, WA 98671
- Packet Pick-Up:
- Saturday October 29th at Foot Traffic Vancouver from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Race Day at Reflection Plaza from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM