I’m so excited about the upcoming 2018 Inaugural “REVEL Mt Hood” marathon and half marathon! In 2015 I was introduced to REVEL events when I went to Utah to run REVEL Big Cottonwood. What draws me to their events it they always have a net elevation drop and they are held at beautiful locations. When I ran Big Cottonwood, I thought it would be so cool if they brought a race to Oregon. And amazingly, that’s exactly what’s happening this year!
REVEL Mt Hood full marathon will start at Timberline Lodge and will take you down the beautiful forested foothills of the mountain to Rainbow Trout Farm in Sandy. If you have run Hood to Coast, you are very familiar with this route. The half marathon will start about three miles up Lolo Pass Road on the West slopes of Mt. Hood, ending at Rainbow Trout Farm as well. The marathon has a 4800 ft elevation drop, while the half has about a 900 ft drop. With a course like this, you are sure to get a very fast finishing time. REVEL races are USATF certified Boston qualifying courses.
Check out REVEL interactive maps HERE.
The average REVEL finishing time is a 4:06 for the full marathon, 20 minutes faster than most full marathons! Tips and coaching tips for racing downhill can be found here!
- Race day: July 28, 2018
- Marathon start: 5:15-5:45a depending on wave
- Half start: 5:30a
- Point to point race: Bus loading begins at 3:30a (until 4:30)
- Race Expo and packet pick-up: Friday July 27th from 10:00a-8:00p
- Location TBA
- Half $99.99
- Full $119.99
- $10.00 off Facebook sharing discount available during checkout. Also, volunteer discounts available HERE.
- Lots of “Team” opportunities (with discount), special rates and cash kickback offers! Be sure and check out these great options HERE.
What to expect on Race Day:
- Upon arriving to your starting line you can bundle up in your free mylar blanket and gloves, given to you by REVEL. There will be aid stations every two miles with electrolyte drinks and water. There will also be aid stations with energy gels, fruit and other items along the course as well as plenty of port-a-potties. One of my favorite things REVEL does for every runner is the FREE race photos and personalized highlight videos. At the finish line, you will be handed a HUGE finishers medal and have access to pizza and pie! Ice towels and frozen treats will also be available to finishers. There is the rumor of beer at the finish line as well! Finishers will also receive a “finishers shirt” to go with the sweet “headsweat hat” they will receive at packet-pick up.
Ready to register? Just click HERE! If you register now, and change your mind due to injury or another situation, REVEL offers withdrawals and transfers for a small fee. Don’t miss this Inaugural event!