For years, running clothes have been more about the function and less about the fashion. This is not to say that running clothes have not been influenced by fashion already, this is the say that the majority of brands that produce clothing for runners tend to attack that clothing from the perspective of the activity and not merely for the look. In the end you get something that performs well but doesn’t flatter the way other clothes do.
Grand AC is definitely not your typical running apparel company but that doesn’t make them ineffective. They are a “high-street inspired activewear brand based in Los Angeles.” Grand AC says “we want to to look fly while we work out.” And while this might not inspire you at first, consider that Grand AC is as motivated to form as much as they are to fashion.
The Portland short is a very nice 2-in-1 which incorporates a built-in compression short. What is most notable is how comfortable they are. The compression shorts are not super tight and yet they perform exactly as expected. For me, I typically wear a much shorter short (usually a 3″ inseam or less) and while these are not very short in length, they still move very well. Lastly, these shorts have 3 pockets in them which is unique for running shorts, which typically have none. A simple feature indeed and yet well worth noting as I have come to appreciate having pockets!
- Portland Shorts in Olive ($36)
- Grand AC logo on front right side
- Two front side pockets
- Back pocket on the right side with zipper enclosure
- Elastic waistband with external drawstrings
- Lightweight fabric to allow ease of movement
- Built-in compression briefs for support and comfort
- 8″ inseam
- Shell: 95% polyester, 5% elastane
- Lining: 88% polyester, 12% elastane
- Water resistant coating to guarantee protection and dryness in wet weather
- Constructed from stretch polyester for flex, comfort and range of motion
More about Grand AC:
Grand AC is a high street inspired activewear brand based in Los Angeles. We want to look fly while we work out. Whether you’re spinning, running, hiking, or lifting we’ve got you covered. It’s about being Grand and feeling Grand.
Thank you to Grand AC for providing us with samples. Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.