The race will begin and end on the beach behind Kyllo’s restaurant. Day of race registration will be from 7:45am-8:45 am. The cost before July 8th is $15 (race only) and $25 (race + shirt). DOR registration cost is $20 (race only) or $30 (race + shirt). Parking is plentiful (this year they are holding the race after the July 4th weekend) at the Wayside Inn. Ribbons will be given to the top three finishers in each division and gift certificates will be raffled off from Kyllo’s Seafood & Grill.
What: All beach fun run in Lincoln City, Oregon.
Where: Lincon City, Oregon on the Central Oregon Coast. The race starts and ends at Kyllo’s Seafood Grill on the beach at 1110 NW 1st St . Parking will be plentiful at D-River State Recreation Area. There are also bathrooms at the rec area and a place to rinse off sandy running shoes before hopping in your car.
When: Saturday July 9th at 9:00am.
What else: Proceeds from the race will benefit the Lincoln City Parks & Rec Department to help maintain the parks in the area and go towards putting on the Lincoln City Marathon & Half Marathon.
I would also suggest planning on making a day of it and heading out to explore Lincoln City post-race and dining at one of the many seafood restaurants, grabbing a micro brew before spending the afternoon digging sand castles or watching the harbor seals nap on the Salishan Spit. If you are looking to make a whole weekend out of the event, book accommodations now. Below are a few suggestions to help get you started. For more information on what to do after the race, visit the Lincon City Chamber of Commerce.
Suggestions of where to stay:
- The Inn at Spanish Head – they have a great Happy Hour and are right on the beach
- Airbnb – you can find houses or rooms for as low as $75 a night
- Devils Lake RV Park – well appointed and steps from the beach
- Oregon Beach Vacations (OVB) – rentals at for all budgets and desired amenitites
- Pelican Shores Inn – private beach access and a heated pool
- Ester Lee Motel – retro rooms or cottages & is pet friendly