If you are familiar with the Hoka One One Clifton shoes (which is a multiple-awarding winning shoe), the Challenger ATR follows a similar platform. The Clifton is light-weight and smooth riding – so Hoka One One added these fantastic characteristics into the Challenge ATR, but also added a more aggressive outsole and additional support in the upper. This allows the Challenger ATR to do exactly what I want it to do – be a great shoe both on the trail, and one the road. I run a lot of hybrid trail runs, where for a portion of the time we are on single-track, and another chunk is one paved roads. This shoe was designed for me!
- Lightweight, Supportive No Sew SpeedFrame Upper Construction
- Early-Stage Meta-Rocker Provides Propulsion
- Full EVA Midsole Provides Signature HOKA Cushioning
- 4mm Lugs Provide All-Terrain Traction
- Rubber Pods Provide Stability on Uneven Terrain
- Category: Trail
- Weights: 7.4 oz based on size 7
- Geometry: Offset is 5mm, Heel is 28mm and Forefoot is 23mm
After I give these shoes a good work-out, I’ll be back to post a lot more thoughts and information on the Hoka One One Challenger ATR! I’m so stoked to put these shoes to the test!