Both the 2011 and 2013 events had a very festive atmosphere after the race and I can't wait to see what this year will be like! This year, Terrapin Events has made several changes which include a "Musical Mile" and a complete course change. No more trains!!
The Musical Mile will feature 12 different local bands playing in a 12 block span and all three distances will pass them twice, to make for 24 “magical, musical and entertaining” blocks. You can check out where the musicians are located, and the complete course change on their course map HERE. There are no more train tracks, but there may be an occasional stop with TriMet MAX line or with traffic. These should be minor (and not at all uncommon for races with a course downtown in our fair city). Despite the course changes, there is still the Terwilleger Blvd. hill for the half marathoners. The 5K and the 10K should be relatively flat.
This year’s theme is “Under The Sea” and I am plotting and crafting for my costume this year. I don’t want to give anything away, but I hope that if you recognize me out on the course that you say “hi” as you pass me by. I’ll be treading along on the half again this year.
Here are the important details:
When: Sunday, October 26th, 2014
- 7:00am Event is open
- 7:45am Half Marathon walk/run
- 8:20am 10K walk/run
- 8:30am Kid’s Half Miler
- 9:00am 5K walk/run
Where: Pioneer Courthouse Square
Beneficiary: Molly’s Fund Fighting Lupus
Registration: Click here for more information.
- $84 for the Half Marathon until Oct. 14th
- $44 for the 10K until Oct. 14th
- $34 for the 5K until Oct. 14th
- $5 for the Kid’s Half Miler until Oct. 14th
- A brand new course, with no Amtrak trains! See map HERE
- Commemorative technical shirt
- Two cold Lagunitas beers (21+)
- Tasty, warm food from Spin Catering
- Finisher’s Medals (Half Marathon)
- Live music from local artists on the course and at the after party
- “Under The Sea” Themed Costume Contest
- Certified course
- Aid Stations every 2 miles
- Great support on the course and at the finish
- Beautiful scenery through Downtown Portland and urban parks
Run Like Hell commemorative gear, such as hoodies, pint glasses and the finisher’s medal medallion/bottle openers are also available for purchase HERE.
In Store at NE Foot Traffic
- Friday Oct. 24th from 11am to 7pm
- Saturday, Oct. 25th from 10am to 3pm
(As well as day of race packet pickup starting at 7am. )