One of my favorite parks to run in, when I find myself travelling South, is at Cheadle Lake in Lebanon. The scenery is deceptively “rural” even though it is nestled in the suburbs and just off of a main highway. The 5th Annual Cheadle Lake 5/10K Fun Run/Walk and Kids Obstacle Dash is back in this park on Saturday, May 3!
This year’s event will feature a new 10k in addition to the 5k (which saw almost 250 runners last year). The distances will also be chip timed as well. The courses are a mix of paved, packed gravel and hard packed dirt trails. I know from previous runs that it maintains pretty level overall. The course will be a loop along the shores of the lake and through Cheadle Lake Park. The Kids Obstacle Dash is a half mile, not timed, fun-filled obstacle course. Parents/guardians can help their child(ren).
In addition, runners can expect
- Super Star Gold Metals for all Kids’ Obstacle Dash participants.
- Participant ribbons for all finishers.
- 1st Place Rosette for each age group.
- 2nd & 3rd Place Ribbons for each age group.
- Overall male and female winners will receive a special gift.
- ALL participants will be eligible for random prize drawings.
When: 9a on Saturday, May 3, 2014
Where: Cheadle Lake
- 5K Individual: $20
- 10K Individual: $25
- Kids’ Obstacle Dash: $10
- Family Registration (Same Household, Any Event): $50
- Group Registration* (15+ Participants): $15/Participants